We were appointed to design, manufacture and install two bespoke canopy walkways on-site at the University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire. The two structures were 74 metres and 90 metres long with widths varying between 1.8 metres and 4.2 metres. The canopies were manufactured and installed individually to suit the requirements of the site programme and to minimise the inconvenience of bus users to the hospital.
- Structural mild steel framework
- 10mm toughened glass panels where applicable
- Screen printed manifestations on glass
- Extruded aluminium glazing system
- Flat roof supports
- Bronze twin wall polycarbonate roof glazing
- Aluminium tray gutters with aluminium downpipes
- Real time compatibility with sign brackets
- VIA mains LED lighting units
- Integral wiring
- Timetable cases
The canopies were designed to meet the complex requirements of the site in terms of the design of the bus boarding points and the slope. The site work was co-ordinated such that the foundations were installed and reinstated in advance of each canopy fitting to reduce potential congestion in a high density pedestrian way. The first canopy was completed before commencing work on the second to make sure a pedestrian way was maintained on this very busy hospital site.
The walkways were commissioned and accepted within the agreed programme and met the original brief supplied by the client.
Skanska Construction Limited
Bespoke Bus Interchange Canopy Walkways